Healthy Veggie Egg Muffins
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 2g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 zucchini, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 large eggs or split half with egg whites
- 2 cups arugula, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, drizzle olive oil and saute onion and garlic for about 4 minutes until tender and fragrant. Add in zucchini, red bell pepper, cooking an additional 2 minutes. Fill each muffin tin about 2/3 full with veggie mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, arugula, cheese and fill each muffin tin evenly, being careful not to over-fill.
- Bake muffins for about 20 minutes, until they've risen and are slightly browned.
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Run. Cycle. Lift. Play. http://www.runcycleliftplay.com/