Pumpkin Flaxseed Quickbread
Moist quickbread for holidays, breakfast or even a snack. No mixer required.
Servings: 12 people
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg I added more nutmeg for taste
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 5x9-inch Loaf Pan and line with parchment paper, parchment paper should be overlapping lip of loaf pan in order to lift out bread when its done.
- 2. Whisk together water and flaxseed meal in a large bowl, then stir in sugar, pumpkin and oil.
- 3. In another bowl, stir together flour and remaining ingredients; add to pumpkin mixture and stir until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 4. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 65-70 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool 10-15 minutes. Remove bread and let cool completely.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com